Has your electricity, water, or gas service been shut off?

Call 311 or 1-240-777-0311 and ask for Montgomery County DHHS Services to End and Prevent Homelessness (formerly Emergency Services) for assistance.


Do you need immediate help paying a utility bill?

Call 1-240-777-4450 Hearing impaired: 1-800-735-2258, Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP).


Do you smell gas? 

Leave the area immediately and call 911 and Washington Gas at 1-703-750-1400 or 1-800-752-7520, if you smell gas, or have an emergency involving natural gas.


For all other assistance programs, visit our Utility Bill Assistance page.

Stay connected to receive monthly energy saving tips and the latest information from Montgomery Energy Connection